Thursday, October 10, 2013

God is Sovereign- Satan attacks Job's character: Part 2

The character of Job:


"There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was blameless and upright, and one who feared God and shunned evil."
vs. 1

So it was, when the days of feasting had run their course, that Job would send and sanctify them, and he would rise early in the morning and offer burnt offerings according to the number of them all. For Job said, “It may be that my sons have sinned and cursed God in their hearts.” Thus Job did regularly.
vs.5

Romans 12:1---
"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service."

Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?” 
vs. 8

The Lord Himself speaks of Job His servant- "There is none like him on the earth."
What a marvelous statement! The Lord's servant Job being supported by his God with such high esteem toward him. What great characteristics Job has! The Lords confidence in Job is astounding. What a honor to have the Lord refer to you this way. 

Question:

Now if we were able to hear of something like this from the Lord, do you not believe we may begin to become egotistical a bit? 
Thinking to highly of ourselves?
Boasting of oneself?
Do we sometimes let the praises of others, feed our prideful hearts and minds?

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord , and Satan also came among them. 
And the Lord said to Satan, “From where do you come?”
So Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.” Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered *My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?”
So Satan answered the Lord and said, “Does Job fear God for nothing? Have You not made a hedge around him, around his household, and around all that he has on every side? You have *blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. But now, stretch out Your hand and touch all that he has, and he will surely curse You to Your face!”
And the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has [is] in *your power; only *do not lay a hand on his person. ”
So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord .
Job 1:6-12

*My servant- This is such a wonderful reminder of who's children we are! He speaks of Job as "His servant" and Job is a faithful servant. A call of obedience and Job was obedient- "even unto death." 
Matthew 26:38---
"My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death."
(Type of Jesus?) 

Consider Satan tempts Jesus-
(Mt. 4:1-11)

Romans 14:4, 7-8---The Law of Liberty:
Who are you to judge another’s servant? 
To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. 
Romans 15:1, 3-4---Bearing others' burdens:
We then who are strong ought to bear with the scruples of the weak, and not to please ourselves. 
For even Christ did not please Himself; but as it is written, “The reproaches of those who reproached You fell on Me.” For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.
I John 4:4- The Spirit of Truth and The Spirit of Error:
You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

God [is] ALL KNOWING:
Psalms 139:1, 4-5, 11, 14, 23-24

O Lord , [You have searched me and known me.]
For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord , [You know it altogether.]
You have [hedged] me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me. 
If I say, 
[“Surely the darkness shall fall on me,”] Even the night shall be light about me; [I will praise You], for I am [fearfully] and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works, 
And that my soul [knows] very well. Search me, O God, and know my heart; ["Try me, and know my anxieties;
And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting."] 

vs. 23-24 Try me...
That is exactly what God did to Job; He tried him!

Loving God under trials:
James 1:12-18

Qualities needed in trials: 
vs. 19-20

To be continued- 
"Job Loses..." Job 1:13-22


No comments: