Friday, November 22, 2013

The Law of Deuteronomy: Moses' Final Blessing on Israel


Moses' Final Blessing on Israel:

Deuteronomy 33:26 [There is] none like unto the God of Jeshurun, 
[who] rideth upon the heaven in thy help,
 and in his excellency on the sky

אֵל
"There is none"
Transliteration: 'el
Pronunciation: āl 
Outline of Biblical Usage:
god, god-like one, mighty one
mighty men, men of rank, mighty heroes
angels
god, false god, (demons, imaginations)
God, the one true God, Jehovah
mighty things in nature
strength, power

יְשֻׁרוּן 
"Of Jeshurun"
Transliteration: Yĕshuruwn
Pronunciation: yesh·ü·rün' 
Jeshurun= "upright one"
a symbolic name for Israel describing her ideal character

עֵזֶר 
"In Thy Help"
Transliteration: `ezer
Pronunciation: ā'·zer 
Outline of Biblical Usage:
help, succour
help, succour
one who helps

שַׁחַק
"On the Sky"
Transliteration: shachaq
Pronunciation: shakh'·ak 
Outline of Biblical Usage:
dust, cloud
fine dust
(thin) cloud


Exodus 15:11 
Who is like you, O LORD, among the gods? 
Who is like you? 
- majestic in holiness, fearful in praises, working wonders?

Deuteronomy 33:29 
You have joy, Israel! 
Who is like you? 
You are a people delivered by the LORD, your protective shield and your exalted sword. 
May your enemies cringe before you; may you trample on their backs.


"My God is so Big"
(Veggie Tunes- Lyrics)

My God is so big, so strong and so mighty
There's nothing my God cannot do
My God is so big, so strong and so mighty
There's nothing my God cannot do

The mountains are His, 
the rivers are His
The stars are His handiwork too
My God is so big, so strong and so mighty
There's nothing my God cannot do, hey, hey

My God is so great, so strong and so mighty
There's nothing my God cannot do
My God is so great, so strong and so mighty
There's nothing my God cannot do

The mountains are His, the rivers are His
The stars are His handiwork too
My God is so great, so strong and so mighty
There's nothing my God cannot do

My God is so big, so strong and so mighty
There's nothing my God cannot do
My God is so big, so strong and so mighty
There's nothing my God cannot do

The mountains are His, the rivers are His
The stars are His handiwork too
My God is so big, so strong and so mighty
There's nothing my God cannot do

There's nothing my God cannot do
There's nothing, nothing, nothing He can't do

-It may seem quite juvenile to use a children's song to describe God and all that He is, but these lyrics quote:
 Exodus and Deuteronomy, so well and it speaks of who our God is!

More Examples of "God IS..."

Psalms 86:8 
None can compare to you among the gods, O Lord! Your exploits are incomparable!

Isaiah 40:18,25 
18 To whom can you compare God? To what image can you liken him? 
25 "To whom can you compare me? Whom do I resemble?" says the Holy One.

Isaiah 43:11-13 
I, I am the LORD, and there is no deliverer besides me.
 12 I decreed and delivered and proclaimed, and there was no other god among you. You are my witnesses," says the LORD, "that I am God.
 13 From this day forward I am he; no one can deliver from my power; I will act, and who can prevent it?"

Isaiah 66:8 
Who has ever heard of such a thing? Who has ever seen this? Can a country be brought forth in one day? Can a nation be born in a single moment? Yet as soon as Zion goes into labor she gives birth to sons!

Jeremiah 10:6 
I said, "There is no one like you, LORD. You are great. And you are renowned for your power.


Deuteronomy 33:27 (ASV) 
The eternal God is thy *dwelling-place, 
And underneath are the everlasting arms. 
And he thrust out the enemy from before thee, And said,
 Destroy.

Deuteronomy 33:27 (KJV)
 The eternal God [is thy] *refuge, 
and underneath [are] the everlasting arms: 
and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say,
 Destroy [them].

Dwelling-Place:
מָעוֹן
Transliteration: ma`own
Pronunciation: mä·ōhn' 
Part of Speech: masculine noun
Outline of Biblical Usage:
dwelling, habitation, refuge
lair, refuge (of jackals)
dwelling


Refuge:
מְעוֹנָה
Transliteration: m@`ownah
Pronunciation: meh·ō·nä' 
Part of Speech: feminine noun
Outline of Biblical Usage:
dwelling, habitation, refuge
den, lair (of animals)
dwelling-place (of God) (fig.)


Psalms 90:1 
A Prayer of Moses the man of God. Lord, thou hast been our dwelling-place In all generations.

Psalms 61:3 
For thou hast been a refuge for me, A strong tower from the enemy.

Psalms 32:7 
Thou art my hiding-place; thou wilt preserve me from trouble; Thou wilt compass me about with songs of deliverance. 


Deuteronomy 33:26 [There is] none like unto the God of Jeshurun, [who] rideth upon the heaven in thy help, and in his excellency on the sky.

*Ride upon the Heavens/On the Sky
(Thy Help IS "Above")

•Ride- To be carried
•Help- Assist, Aid 


Deuteronomy 33:27 
The eternal God [is thy] refuge, and underneath [are] the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy [them].

*Underneath 
[The Everlasting "Arms"]
(Thy Refuge IS "Underneath")

•Refuge- Place of Flight, Asylum
•Under- Beneath, below, underneath 
•Everlasting- Duration; age-lasting; eternal
•Arm- may mean either part of the body 
 or 
*Strength 
•Before- In sight of
•Thrust- cast, pierce, push
Out- away from


-When I would become afraid I would pray; my prayer was this:

"Dear Lord God,
Please put angels in back of me, in front of me, underneath me, above me, and my left and right side. Amen."

- We get ready for the day
(we put on our clothes; and we Imagine ourselves putting on the whole armor of God, as we dress ourselves)

-We get ready for bed
(We put on our PJ's; prepare our hearts for evening prayer- entering into the presence of our Lord)

-Saying that prayer made me feel protected and surrounded me with comfort that allowed me to close my eyes without feeling vulnerable; knowing I was in Good hands while I dreamt in the night.


"God's people are privileged to be in His hand for safe keeping & at His feet for learning and obeying."
Vs. 3 
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand.

"We are between His shoulders, next to His heart."
Vs. 12
""He bears us with His everlasting arms."
Vs. 27
- Warren Wiersbe

Deuteronomy 33:3 
Yea, he loved the people; all his saints [are] in thy hand: and they sat down at thy feet; [every one] shall receive of thy words.
12 [And] of Benjamin he said, The beloved of the LORD shall dwell in safety by him; [and the LORD] shall cover him all the day long, 
and he shall dwell between his shoulders.
27 The eternal God [is thy] refuge, and underneath [are] the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, 
Destroy [them].

Another juvenile example, but consider these lyrics:

He's Got The Whole World in His Hands:

He's Got: (Possession)
•The Whole World 
•The Baby 
•My Brother
•The Son (Seated @ The Right Hand of The Father) & his Father
•The Mother & the Daughter
•Everybody 
•The Sun & The Moon
...in His Hands!


- I believe I stress this as much as I have because if we meditate on The What (He Is) Where (He IS), Who (He IS) & Why (He IS)...
We will always remember & never forget!


Deuteronomy 8:2, 11, 14, 18-19

2 And thou shalt [remember] 
all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, [and] to prove thee, to know what [was] in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.

11 Beware that thou 
[forget]
 not the LORD thy God, in not keeping his commandments, and his judgments, and his statutes, which I command thee this day:

14 Then thine heart be lifted up, and thou 
[forget] 
the LORD thy God, which brought thee forth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage;

18 But thou shalt [remember] 
the LORD thy God: for [it is] he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as [it is] this day.

19 And it shall be, if thou do at all 
[forget]
 the LORD thy God, and walk after other gods, and serve them, and worship them, I testify against you this day that ye shall surely perish.

To be Continued...

No comments: