Friday, September 27, 2013

No Other Doctrine- Part 6, Vs. 6-7:


1 Timothy 1:6-7 NCV

Vs. 6 "Some people have missed these things and turned to useless talk."

Vs. 7 "They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not understand either what they are talking about or what they are sure about."

A famous saying from those who are lost and without Christ will say openly, "It does not matter what you believe in, as long as you believe in something." (Useless talk/Verse 6)

Questions:
-It does not matter what you believe? 

- Even in your freedom to 'choose' your beliefs, causes you to receive an eternal punishment for sinning against the one and only true God?

Teacher's of the Law/Verse 7:

Those who follow these false teacher's, 'can not' explain their beliefs. They practice falsehood, and yet- defend their beliefs when questioned about it. 

-Why would they defend their beliefs when they themselves can not explain their beliefs?

I have personally dealt with this very issue. I mentioned Mormons/Jehovah's witnesses- were in fact a cult. A family member of mine began to defend her friend who happened to be a Mormon. 
The Mormon told me, "If you have any questions let me know." 
In fact I did, not for knowledge or understanding purposes (I know it's not the truth), but for her.
I asked, "Why isn't Joseph Smith mentioned in the Bible as a prophet and what about the book of Mormon, Jesus Christ has His 'second' testimony, where is the prophesy about this?" 
She never answered. She could not answer these simple questions. She was willing to give me "so-called" insight into her beliefs but when it came to sharing facts (the answers to my questions; prophesy about Joseph Smith & the book of Mormon), she had no proof. It's easy to witness (Share what you believe) and also to deceive people, but it's another to prove what you believe is in fact the truth. I do not need to 'convince' (Cults try to convince), someone I believe in God! He (God) has convinced (proved His existence) me to believe in Him! 

A family member of mine (who proclaims Christianity) made a statement that proved her lack of knowledge.
She said, " We are 'all' (False religions/Christians) worshiping the same God.
Many others commented and were quite upset that I would say nasty things about people's "Religions."
I simply stated, "I am not talking about Religion, I am talking about the Truth!!!"

"In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teachings you received from us. For you yourselves *know how you ought to follow our example." 
2 Thessalonians 3:6-7

*At the End of Gods word; after Revelation ends, is there something like,
"to be continued..." Absolutely not!

Revelation does say:
(22:18-19)
"I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to these words, God will add to that person the disasters written about in this book. And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away that one’s share of the tree of life and of the holy city, which are written about in this book."

Deuteronomy 4:2
"You shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall you take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you."
 

No comments: